Before the coding period started, I went through my proposal once again so as to plan my schedule and rethink about the features that I am going to implement in the coming weeks and how I am going to do it.
This week’s progress
I started working on the project 2 days ago before coding period started, I read the yeoman’s guide once more and kickstarted with updating the dependecies version in package.json as they were outdated. I also found a typo and a logical error in the code and fixed them. Lastly, unit tests were added and I made a workflow for the generator and started implementing it.
Tasks completed in week 1
- Find and fix bugs in the existing generator.
- Update package.json with the latest dependencies.
- Start working on separate workflow for upgrading components and making new ones.
- Add unit tests.
Minutes of the meeting (weekly call on Wednesday):
- We talked about the workflow and how should the generator import files that the user may need to upgrade components.
- It was decided to make a GSoC Project Board, which was done and I added my tasks for June.
Goals for week 2
- Decide which are the options we are going to provide to import files.
- Implement the full workflow
- Add unit and e2e tests for the new feature.
- Validate user input and allow user to proceed only if he enters the input in correct format.
Though, I have already implemented the workflow mostly, I have done it on various branches which I didn’t push on GitHub, so the code will be available next week on the project’s repository