Week 8 consisted of initiating the ansible playbook for django. I started with a fabric script and the weekly involved extensive discussion about it’s requirement.
This week’s progress
Week 9 involved me implementing the templates for nginx and gunicorn, both of which are extremely necessary to host a django web app. As this is my first time working with ansible, I had to simultaneously go through existing playbooks and documentation.
Tasks completed in week 8
- Created plays consisting handlers as well as templates for nginx, a reverse proxy as well as gunicorn, responsible for serving the wsgi server.
Minutes of the meeting (weekly call on Sunday):
- Discussed ways to involve the community in testing the efficient functioning of the visualizations. Decision was made to set the existing biojs.io as the benchmark.
- Creation of a script to randomly generate a given number of components that possess visualizations. This would help in easier cross-verification with respect to the biojs.io website.
Goals for week 9
- Continue with Ansible.
- Create an API call to generate given number of random components that possess visualizations.
- Add link to the current prototype website in the biojs blog.
The latest version of the website can be found here.