Week 7 consisted of implementing the new model for the visualizations and finishing it up. Sarthak and I did face some unforseen challenges but we were able to tackle them in an engineered manner.

This week’s progress

Week 8 involved me studying about Ansible, its uses and importance. I also started implementing it for django, the repository of which can be found here.

Tasks completed in week 8

  1. Initiated django-ansible. I started by writing a Fabric file, which is responsible for pre-configuring a fresh server, before deployment using Ansible(for example, copying new ssh keys of the deploying system to the server, disabling root login etc). I am in discussion in community about it’s requirement as of now.

Minutes of the meeting (weekly call on Sunday):

  1. Discussion about the version issue in Wzrd. Apparently version 3.2.12 (Cytoscape) is also getting bundled, there is an issue with 3.2.13 and 3.2.14. Opened an issue in the cytoscape repository for the same.
  2. Discussion about Ansible.

Goals for week 9

  1. Continue with Ansible.


The latest version of the website can be found here.